Unless you have been living in a cave for the last 15 years, you will have heard about the many benefits of LED lights when compared to traditional lighting; one of which has been trumpeted high and low: they will save you money.
Indeed, LEDs are well known for being energy efficient. While traditional bulbs will convert only about 20% of electrical energy into light, the percentage rises to a staggering 80% for LED lights. This is, of course, good news for homes, but think of the revolution it has brought to businesses and government buildings.
Shops, for example, will often leave the lights on after business hours, for safety and marketing reasons, and switching to LED lighting has therefore the potential to help the retail sector save significant amounts of money.
But there is more. Although this is the most obvious way in which LEDs are beneficial to businesses, it is only the tip of the iceberg, as they are also cost-effective in indirect ways.
- LED lights run cooler than traditional luminaries and their average life expectancy can reach up to 100,000 hours, i.e. 11 years of constant operation. Designed to withstand rough conditions including extreme outdoor weather, they are much more durable than their conventional counterparts, which means that you won’t have to replace them as often. This also means that they will require less human resources for maintenance, making them a truly economical solution.
- For governmental entities that are responsible for street lights and always have to ensure that they get value for money on behalf of the taxpayer, this will make a considerable difference to their budget. LED lights also brighten to full capacity as soon as they are switched on, and are not damaged by frequent switching on and off, making them the perfect choice for traffic lights and road signals.
- In addition, LED lights are environmentally friendly as they contain no toxic chemicals, unlike traditional fluorescent lighting bulbs which contain mercury, a highly harmful substance. Even if this isn’t an issue that all businesses feel committed to on an ethical level, the fact that LEDs are fully recyclable means that they are easier to dispose of, and, for companies, that they won’t be left with a huge bill to get rid of them.
- LED lights only need a low-voltage power supply to function. If your business organises events, this will be of huge benefits to you as powering them won’t be as much of a concern – solar energy is even sufficient. For the construction industry or road maintenance companies, LEDs can provide them with bright and portable light even in the most remote places.
- In purchasing your LED Luminaire remember that quality affects price. So whatever your budget, you can still gain the savings from LEDs but the life of the fitting will correlate with the lifespan varying from 30,000 to 100,000 hours. Another helpful feature in lifespan is the transformer/driver can generally be replaced if there is a power surge failure over time.
Most people nowadays are aware that LED lights will reduce their energy bills, but few realise exactly how much it will save them on the long run. Wait no longer and call us on 09 489 8347 or email us to switch to LED and step into the age of digital light.Leave a reply →